Logic Colloquium ’96: Proceedings of the Colloquium held in San Sebastián, Spain, July 9–15, 1996
J. M. Larrazabal, D. Lascar and G. Mints (Editors)
This volume, the twelfth publication in the Lecture Notes in Logic series, collects the proceedings of the European Summer Meeting of the Association of Symbolic Logic, held at the University of the Basque Country, San Sebastian in July 1996. The main topics were model theory, proof theory, recursion and complexity theory, models of arithmetic, logic for artificial intelligence, formal semantics of natural language, and philosophy of contemporary logic. The volume includes eleven papers from pre-eminent researchers in mathematical logic.
Table of Contents
- The logical foundations of discourse interpretation Nicholas Asher
- Complete sets and structure in subrecursive classes Harry Burhman and Leen Torenvliet
- Kernels and cohomology groups for some finite covers David M. Evans and Darren G. D. Gray
- On ‘star’ schemata of Kossak and Paris Vladimir Kanovei
- Arithmetizing proofs in analysis Ulrich Kohlenbach
- Satisfaction classes and automorphisms of models of PA Roman Kossak
- Free monoid completeness of the Lambek calculus allowing empty premises M. Pentus
- Simple groups definable in O-minimal structures Ya’acov Peterzil, Anand Pillay and Sergei Starchenko
- Two-dimensional temporal logic Mark Reynolds
- Rather classless, highly saturated models of Peano arithmetic James H. Schmerl
- Incompleteness theorems and Si1 vs Si+11 . Gaisi Takeuti.